Friday, July 15, 2005

Charmaine's Law

My name is Charmaine Chaffe. It's French. I am six years old.
I have a big brother named Duke (that's not his real name; his real name is Donald) and a little brother named Charles. Both me and Charles' names start with a "Cha" but that wasn't on purpose because everyone is always asking, and our last name starts with a "Cha", so I'm telling before you ask, that the answer is "No."
Today is my parents' annualversary. My dad is going to buy my mom some flowers, and bring them home in a long box. Then they're going to go out to an adult restaurant where you have to dress up before you can eat. Duke is mad because my dad is still getting a baby sitter. Duke is 10 years old (going to be 11 this August) and he says that he can handle me and Charles, and he doesn't like Missy the daughter of our next store neighbor who is usually our babysitter. I like Missy because she always lets us watch TV, but only NickJr. or PBSKids. We used to be able to watch TBN, but there's too many demons getting cast out and Missy doesn't want them to fly to our house and scare us when we're sleeping. Anyway, I like Missy because she also always reads us a poem from her journal before we go to bed. Charles is too young to even remember Missy. Duke doesn't like Missy because Missy doesn't eat lots and lots of sugar, and one of our other babysitters, Ida, used to make us chocolate chunk cookie bars, but even though it was good, Missy said that it was only good to your mouth, but bad to your tummy, and that's true because once I ate 3 bars all by myself and I got ingestation. I thought I was going to pop. Missy makes carrot cookies with ginger and honey. I didn't like them the first time, but now they're good. Duke never likes them, and my mommy likes them so much that sometimes she pays Missy extra just to make some cookies. Missy said that she would teach me the restapee, but I think it's okay for now because I'm not even allowed to touch the stove. I only got allowed to touch the plug when I turned 6. My mom got me a veggie tales lamp that plugs in and lights up. It's kind of plastic, but I like it anywyay. So that's why Duke doesn't like Missy. I was going to tell you about how I'm going to be a policelady when I grow up, but I have to eat now. I'll be back and tell you that part later.
Bye bye,,,,

5 Comments:

Blogger jasdye said...

I will suppress any urges I have to say that I always thought your writing is perfect for a six year old girl.

4:58 PM  
Blogger jasdye said...

' Both me and Charles' names start with a "Cha"... and our last name starts with a "Cha", so I'm telling before you ask, that the answer is "No." '

hilarious.

and loving, "annualversary," "got ingestion," and esp. "next store neighbor" because we used to say that one all the time.

and did you mean TBN or TLN?

5:58 PM  
Blogger Puddleglum said...

TLN? (somehow this feels like a setup for a jasdye punchline...)

"next store" hit me like a blast from the past. I had to put it!

my gallup poll says that women don't know how to post to collective blogs...
how bout yours?

12:14 AM  
Blogger jasdye said...

mine suggests that their blogging calendar may be on some sort of lunar schedule (not congruent w/ the other lunar schedule). apparently, they all entered a blogging sabbatical at the same time.

in the meantime, i'd like to work on the looks of this place. it is a bit dumpish, kinda looks like a bachelor's pad, don'tcha think? if i were a woman (and i'm not), i don't think i'd want to hang out here.

9:33 AM  
Blogger Revolt said...

lol, I love how you guys discuss us when we're not around. I should text T-Nice(TM) about this.

This story is grand. Grandiose! Charmaine has a lil bit of a stucky attitude, but she is 6, which automatically places her in the 'jerk stage' of life. I like it. Lil Miss know-it-all with the 'next-store neighbour', lol. So funnee.

11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home